Havre de Grace, Maryland - Decoy Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Decoy Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A museum dedicated to "working decoys" (decoys that sit in the water and attract ducks, not the ones that sit on the shelf and attract comments), also other aspects of duck hunting in the Susquehanna tidal flats area. Decoys, videos of people making decoys, boats, boat-mounted duck shotguns (used before only shoulder-mounted shotguns were allowed, ca. 1930), area history as it pertains to ducks and decoys. Also a gift shop.
The second floor contains a library and exhibits each writing up a particular craftsman, alongside several examples of their work.
Annual Decoy Festival in the spring, site lists weekend carving demos.
[Anne Brink, 05/13/2008]
Address: 215 Giles St., Havre de Grace, MD
Admission: $6 Adults, $5 seniors, $2 under 18.
Hours: M-Sa 10-4:30, Su. Noon-4. (Call to verify)
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Pencil, Baltimore, Maryland
- Giant Sequoia Cell Tower Tree, Hagerstown, Maryland
- Giant Rotted Molar Sculpture, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Enchanted Forest, Ellicott City, Maryland
- John Paul Jones Crypt, Annapolis, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips