Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
July 5, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Modern-Day Ghost Town, Metropolis, Nevada
- Giant Cooking Whisk, Boulder City, Nevada
- Key To My Heart - Container Park, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Doggie Diner, Stagecoach, Nevada
- Elvis At The LVH (ex Hilton), Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota