Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
December 3, 2016
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Ichthyosaur Photo Op and Bone Site, Gabbs, Nevada
- Carpeteria Genie Statue, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Blog: Roller Coaster Red: Muffler Man Casualty, Battle Mountain, Nevada
- Giant Prospector Twins, Jean, Nevada
- World Famous Fantastic Museum, Gardnerville, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Seneca Oil Spring, Cuba, New York
- Giant Mailbox, Casey, Illinois
- World's Largest Pitchfork, Casey, Illinois
- Home of Superman Plaque, Cleveland, Ohio
- The Guitar Walk, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas