Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
November 30, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Bonnie and Clyde's Death Car, Primm, Nevada
- Laughlin Labyrinth, Laughlin, Nevada
- Gigantic Bike Cable Lock, Reno, Nevada
- Gambling Themed Electronics Store, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Lost City Of St Thomas, Overton, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: George Jones Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
- World's Largest Pheasant, Huron, South Dakota
- Ernest Hemingway Memorial, Sun Valley, Idaho
- Feature: Tonga Room, San Francisco, California
- Failed Hollow Earth Utopia, Estero, Florida