Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
October 13, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Gigantic Bike Cable Lock, Reno, Nevada
- Gambling Themed Electronics Store, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Lost City Of St Thomas, Overton, Nevada
- Atlas Statue, Reno, Nevada
- Extraterrestrial Highway Sign, Crystal Springs, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man, Uniontown, Pennsylvania
- Answer to Junk Mail, Aurora, West Virginia
- Roadside Rocket on a Trailer, Oakland, Maryland
- Original Monster Truck, Hazelwood, Missouri
- Buddhist Temple Tour, Kissimmee, Florida