Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
September 5, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Extraterrestrial Highway Sign, Crystal Springs, Nevada
- E.T. Fresh Jerky, Hiko, Nevada
- Spider Bug: VW Beetle Mega-Insect, Sparks, Nevada
- High Flying U-haul, Reno, Nevada
- Doggie Diner Head, Stagecoach, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Custer, South Dakota
- Three-Legged Buddha, Mountainville, New York
- Monster of Unfathomable Pedigree, Bath, Maine
- Lobstermobile, Bath, Maine
- Gambrinus, King of Beer, Columbus, Ohio