Hawthorne, Nevada: Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Even better than beating swords into plowshares.
- D St., Hawthorne, NV
- On the right side of the road as you come into town from the north. Located in a small park with picnic tables and restrooms, and an old Hawthorne sign.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ordnance Sculpture - Bomb Whirligigs
Large wind-twirled flowers have been constructed out of brightly-painted old bomb casings. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
May 1, 2016
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man Holding Firecracker, Battle Mountain, Nevada
- Ghost Train - Northern Nevada Railroad, Ely, Nevada
- Pinball Hall of Fame, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Art Car Information Station, Goldfield, Nevada
- Portal of Evolution, Reno, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Chandelier Tree, Leggett, California
- Public Art Bus Station, Ventura, California
- Starlight Movie-Themed Motel, Colchester, Vermont
- Drive-In Movie and Motel, Fairlee, Vermont
- Tallest Ladderback Chair, Bennington, Vermont