Hawthorne, Nevada: Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Nevada and munitions storage, perfect together.
- 901 E St., Hawthorne, NV
- Northwest corner of 9th St. and E St./US Hwy 95 on the north side of downtown. Not where you'd expect to find a museum of bombs.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Small, locally-run museum celebrating all things military, focusing on ammunition from the past and the area's munitions history.
The folks who staff the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum are friendly and enthusiastic about their collection. My favorite parts were the old newspaper front pages on important historical dates, and the drone helicopter on loan from its manufacturer. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
October 13, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Gigantic Bike Cable Lock, Reno, Nevada
- Gambling Themed Electronics Store, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Lost City Of St Thomas, Overton, Nevada
- Atlas Statue, Reno, Nevada
- Extraterrestrial Highway Sign, Crystal Springs, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Smallest Skyscraper, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Fried Green Tomatoes: The Whistle Stop Cafe, Juliette, Georgia
- First Dairy Queen, Joliet, Illinois
- Feature: Wild Blueberry Land: World's Largest Blueberry, Columbia Falls, Maine
- Feature: Monkey From Mars, Decatur, Georgia