Hawthorne, Nevada: Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Nevada and munitions storage, perfect together.
- 901 E St., Hawthorne, NV
- Northwest corner of 9th St. and E St./US Hwy 95 on the north side of downtown. Not where you'd expect to find a museum of bombs.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Small, locally-run museum celebrating all things military, focusing on ammunition from the past and the area's munitions history.
The folks who staff the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum are friendly and enthusiastic about their collection. My favorite parts were the old newspaper front pages on important historical dates, and the drone helicopter on loan from its manufacturer. [KarenMountainView, 06/15/2008]
July 6, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- 70-Ton Tortoise Made of Boulders, Fernley, Nevada
- Modern-Day Ghost Town, Metropolis, Nevada
- Giant Cooking Whisk, Boulder City, Nevada
- Key To My Heart - Container Park, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Doggie Diner, Stagecoach, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Hollow Earth Monument, Hamilton, Ohio
- Missile Park, Altus, Oklahoma
- Stone Face Rock with Nonoffensive Name, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Big Indian: Chief Touch the Clouds, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Hubcap Pyramid, Mays Landing, New Jersey