Mount Vernon, Missouri: World's Smallest Wedding Chapel
Built in a field in 2008. Guinness World Records said it was the smallest, but it remains unofficial because the owner didn't want to pay the publishing fee. Capacity: 6 people.
- FM 2137, Mount Vernon, MO
- I-44 exit 46. Turn south on Hwy 39 and then make an immediate right. Drive west paralleling the south side of the interstate. After a little over a mile turn left onto FM 1130. Drive to the first intersection and and veer right onto FM 2137 (unmarked). Then it's the third drive on the right.
- Best to call ahead. (Call to verify)
- Free, donations accepted.
World's Smallest Wedding Chapel
Visitor Tips and News About World's Smallest Wedding Chapel
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Shepherd's Field Wedding Chapel is presumed to be the Smallest Chapel in use in the state of Missouri, or maybe the United States. The Chapel is 6'x10' outside dimensions and can hold a wedding party of 10 semi-comfortably.
It was built in 2008 to hold small weddings inside and to be used as a backdrop for outside weddings. There is even a full reception offered for a maximum of 10. [Steve Carl, 06/27/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 27, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Jesse James First Bank Robbery, Liberty, Missouri
- National World War I Museum, Kansas City, Missouri
- World's Largest Small Electric Appliance Museum, Diamond, Missouri
- Blue, Giant Bronze Airedale Terrier Dog Statue, Joplin, Missouri
- Man with Shoe in Mouth, Kansas City, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Big Chicken Statue, Byron Center, Michigan
- Historic Oakville Jail and Guesthouse, Oakville, Texas
- Dancing Blues Brothers, Joliet, Illinois
- Tom's Cypress, Waldo, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips