Wink, Texas: Roy Orbison Museum
The square-faced early rocker with the giant sunglasses is remembered in his home town.
- 213 E Hendricks Blvd., Wink, TX
- NW of Monahans, State Hwy 115 past Gardner Ave. City Hall next door will call one of the nice people to come over ad unlock the museum.
- Open by request, business hours. (Call to verify)
Roy Orbison Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Roy Orbison Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A must for all Roy Orbison Fans. Stop by the City Hall next door and Dorothy or Nieta will be glad to pop by and open up the museum for you. Every June they have a Roy Orbison Festival with Beauty Queens, a parade and live music. Get your picture taken in Roy's Glasses!
By Texas standards, Wink is near Monahans Sandhills State Park in Monahan on Highway 20.
[Carlos & Stephanie, 06/30/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Jal Lake, Metal Cattle Drive Sculpture, Jal, NM - 28 mi.
- Million Barrel Museum - Giant Oil Tank, Monahans, TX - 20 mi.
- Desert Sand Dunes of Texas, Monahans, TX - 22 mi.
- Animatronic Bartender, West of the Pecos Museum, Pecos, TX - 30 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Giant Arrow, Plains, Texas
- Hindu Temple, Stafford, Texas
- Bat Colony, Huntsville, Texas
- JD Tippit Murder Site, Oak Cliff, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips