Jasper, Minnesota: Antique Windmills of EarthA multinational private collection of historic and innovative windmills, on display for your enlightenment.
- 40th Ave., Jasper, MN
- On the west side of 40th Ave. about 1.5 miles north of town.
- Private property, visible from road.
Visitor Tips and News About Antique Windmills of Earth
A mile north of Jasper on Hwy 23 is an international collection of antique windmills. One is a 1/2 replica of a Netherlands mill, windmills from Argentina, Brazil, China plus many unique ones from the USA, including a double-bladed one. Catch the owner of the farm for an interesting tour.[Rod Bahnson, 07/17/2008]
In our gas-starved future, historic windmill innovations will be admired more than any Model-T or Hummer. And you'll visit them in a double-bladed, wind-powered car.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, MN - 10 mi.
- The Old Stone Face, Pipestone, MN - 10 mi.
- Devil's Gulch - Jesse James Jumped Here, Garretson, SD - 12 mi.
- In the region: Collapsed "In God We Trust" Water Tank Tornado Memorial, Chandler, MN - 22 mi.