Middleville, New York: Ace of Diamonds Mine
Two adjacent diamond (quartz) mines vie for gem crazed tourists. The most fun you'll ever have sitting in a pit with a hammer smashing rocks.
- Rt. 28, Middleville, NY
- I-90 exit 30, about nine miles north on Rte 28, on the west side.
- April to Oct. daily 9 am -5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults 8.50 child 4-7 $4.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Ace of Diamonds Mine
Visitor Tips and News About Ace of Diamonds Mine
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This place is 300 ft. past the more popular mine in the area and claims to be closer to the actual vein of [Herkimer] diamonds. Very friendly, costs less than the other, and has a nice rock shop. Good for ages 5 and up. The kids stayed interested for hours. Bring safety glasses, large and small hammers, chisels, shovels, sledge hammers. Also bring lunch for the picnic areas. Get there early and plan to spend the whole day. You can rent tools for just a few bucks if you forget your own. Finding the diamonds takes lots of work but it is well worth the effort. Some just lay on the ground as well. Everyone found at least one diamond.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 11, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Lincoln Meets Grow-a-Beard Girl, Westfield, New York
- Feature: Lucy Desi Museum and Desilu Studios, Jamestown, New York
- Feature: World's Largest I Love Lucy Mural, Jamestown, New York
- Feature: Lucy Vitameatavegamin Mural, Jamestown, New York
- Feature: Lucy's Grave, Jamestown, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Large Model Railroad Exhibit, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Deer Horn Tree, Junction, Texas
- Solar Parking Lot, Atlanta, Georgia
- Soda Company Tasting Room, Seattle, Washington
- Marker to Dead Confederate Tree, South Richmond, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips