Middleville, New York: Ace of Diamonds Mine
Two adjacent diamond (quartz) mines vie for gem crazed tourists. The most fun you'll ever have sitting in a pit with a hammer smashing rocks.
- Rt. 28, Middleville, NY
- I-90 exit 30, about nine miles north on Rte 28, on the west side.
- April to Oct. daily 9 am -5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults 8.50 child 4-7 $4.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Ace of Diamonds Mine
Visitor Tips and News About Ace of Diamonds Mine
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This place is 300 ft. past the more popular mine in the area and claims to be closer to the actual vein of [Herkimer] diamonds. Very friendly, costs less than the other, and has a nice rock shop. Good for ages 5 and up. The kids stayed interested for hours. Bring safety glasses, large and small hammers, chisels, shovels, sledge hammers. Also bring lunch for the picnic areas. Get there early and plan to spend the whole day. You can rent tools for just a few bucks if you forget your own. Finding the diamonds takes lots of work but it is well worth the effort. Some just lay on the ground as well. Everyone found at least one diamond.
October 21, 2016
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- Rod Serling "Walking Distance" Plaque, Binghamton, New York
- Star Trek Original Series Set Tour, Ticonderoga, New York
- Orbital Connector, New York, New York
- Museum of Sex, New York, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Town Named Goobertown, Goobertown, Arkansas
- World's Largest Rocking Chair - Big John, Franklin, Indiana
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Scrap Metal Motorcycle, War Hero Museum, Irma, Wisconsin
- The Gum Wall, Seattle, Washington