Wainwright, Alberta, Canada: Buffalo Statue, Canada's Biggest
The fiberglass statue is ten feet tall. Wainwright was once the site of Canada's biggest buffalo herd.
Buffalo Statue, Canada's Biggest
Visitor Tips and News About Buffalo Statue, Canada's Biggest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Once the home of the world's last great herd of buffalo, the town of Wainwright has Canada's Largest Buffalo Statue. There is also a museum with displays on the old Buffalo National Park and a few buffalo are still penned outside of town.
The park? Well, in the twenties most of the buffalo were either slaughtered for food or shipped north. The remaining ones were all killed when they made the park into a prison camp and military base in 1940 (Parks operated differently in those days).
The statue is 10 feet high.
[Gregory Melle Notsorry.com, 07/31/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Suzie, World's Largest Softball, Chauvin, AB, Canada - 31 mi.
- Giant Wooden Statue of Peter Fidler, Elk Point, AB, Canada - 74 mi.
- World's Biggest Bunnock, Macklin, SK, Canada - 51 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Sausage, Mundare, AB, Canada - 81 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 19, 2014
Alberta Latest Tips and Stories
- $2 Million Outhouse, Banff, Alberta
- Fantasyland Hotel - Theme Rooms, Edmonton, Alberta
- Gopher Hole Museum, Torrington, Alberta
- World's Largest Dinosaur, Drumheller, Alberta
- World's Largest Honey Bee, Falher, Alberta
Latest Visitor Tips