Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: Aluminum Bat - Biggest in Canada
Perhaps the biggest in the world. 45 feet long -- an all aluminum baseball bat.
- 97th Avenue, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- At the NW corner of 97th Avenue and 118th Avenue. Right across the street from Big Daddy's Tattoos and Piercings, The Barbecue House and Al Bert's Donair and Shawermah.
Aluminum Bat - Biggest in Canada
Visitor Tips and News About Aluminum Bat - Biggest in Canada
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In 2001, the city of Edmonton decided to "revitalize" busy 118th Avenue by renaming the street "Avenue of Champions" and erecting a giant aluminum bat! Some sources refer to it as the Biggest Baseball Bat in Canada, but I suspect that it is quite likely the biggest bat made out of aluminum in the entire world. It is 15 metres long on a 6 metre base.
The street corner is busy day and night with traffic and the bat is almost hidden between power poles and electric lines. But it is certainly big!
[Gregory Melle NotSorry.com, 08/19/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Cowboy Boot, Edmonton, AB, Canada - 5 mi.
- Fantasyland Hotel - Theme Rooms, Edmonton, AB, Canada - 6 mi.
- World's Largest Tractor Weather Vane, Westlock, AB, Canada - 43 mi.
- World's Largest Mallard Duck, Andrew, AB, Canada - 52 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Alberta Latest Tips and Stories
- Fantasyland Hotel - Theme Rooms, Edmonton, Alberta
- Gopher Hole Museum, Torrington, Alberta
- World's Largest Dinosaur, Drumheller, Alberta
- World's Largest Honey Bee, Falher, Alberta
- World's Largest Chess Board, Medicine Hat, Alberta
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips