Claremore - Foyil, Oklahoma: Kong Korner and Kongs Kafe Gorilla
A small King Kong gorilla marks Kongs Korner gas and Kong kafe store along Route 66.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Kong Korner and Kongs Kafe Gorilla
Visitor Tips and News About Kong Korner and Kongs Kafe Gorilla
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a King Kong gorilla statue at the Kong Korner gas and Kong kafe store just outside of Foyil, Oklahoma. The station also has 6 fire hydrants painted red, white and blue that line the exterior of the quick shop. A great place to monkey around when you're in town.
[Phil Pasquini, 08/23/2008]
Every now and than you come across a completely unique filling station... Kong's Kafe near Foyil is just such a place. I was on my way to the World's Largest Totem Pole when I spotted this and it just seemed to be begging for a photograph. How can you not like the full size gorilla under the corner sign let alone the actual sign for the place with an ape's face? Just one more thing that makes traveling Route 66 a pleasure!
[Richard Weiss, 06/16/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 2, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Great Fire, Big Explosion, Jesse James Bar Fight, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Belle Starr Gravesite, Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma
- Statue - America's First Boy Scout Troop, Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- Lonely Gorilla in Modern-Day Ghost Town, Picher, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips