Fairmont, West Virginia: Coal Country Miniature Golf
Hazards for the course created from equipment used in coal mining. On hole 7 you must putt through the rotating legs of a 30-foot-tall coal miner.
- 807 Virginia Ave., Fairmont, WV
- I-79 exit 137, head away from downtown Fairmont, go 1/4 mile and turn left onto Hopewell Road, go 3/4 mile and turn left onto Coal Country Lane.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Coal Country Miniature Golf
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Country Miniature Golf
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Learn about the coal mining industry, and have fun playing miniature golf at the same time! The hazards for the course were created from equipment used in coal mining, including drills for cutting into coal seams, ventilation fans, and various methods for shoring up the ceilings. Central to the course is an approximately 30-foot metal statue of a coal miner ("Big John") which is constantly rotating. On the seventh hole, you need to putt between his feet as they go around.
[Julie M., 08/29/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- West Virginia State Penitentiary, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Feature: Prabhupada's Palace of Gold, New Vrindaban, West Virginia
- Coal House, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
- Replica Space Monsters for Sale, Flatwoods, West Virginia
- Hillybilly Marble Maker Sam Hogue, Ellenboro, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Adlai Stevenson II Resting, Bloomington, Illinois
- Miller Park Artillery, Bloomington, Illinois
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
Latest Visitor Tips