Fairmont, West Virginia: Coal Country Miniature Golf
Hazards for the course created from equipment used in coal mining. On hole 7 you must putt through the rotating legs of a 30-foot-tall coal miner.
- 807 Virginia Ave., Fairmont, WV
- I-79 exit 137, head away from downtown Fairmont, go 1/4 mile and turn left onto Hopewell Road, go 3/4 mile and turn left onto Coal Country Lane.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Coal Country Miniature Golf
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Country Miniature Golf
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Learn about the coal mining industry, and have fun playing miniature golf at the same time! The hazards for the course were created from equipment used in coal mining, including drills for cutting into coal seams, ventilation fans, and various methods for shoring up the ceilings. Central to the course is an approximately 30-foot metal statue of a coal miner ("Big John") which is constantly rotating. On the seventh hole, you need to putt between his feet as they go around.
[Julie M., 08/29/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 29, 2014
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Don Knotts Star, Morgantown, West Virginia
- West Virginia State Penitentiary Tour, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs - We Got the Weenies, Lesage, West Virginia
- International Water Tasting Competition, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips