Panorama City, California: Aztec Retail Pyramid
Department store La Curacao is designed in an Aztec motif, complete with pyramid sticking up from the roof.
Aztec Retail Pyramid
Visitor Tips and News About Aztec Retail Pyramid
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Panorama City, has the only department store I know of that has a replica of an Aztec pyramid topping it. The place is La Curacao Department Store, at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd. and Chase St. It anchors the north side of the Panorama Mall, a mall also made famous by the fact that it houses the only multi-story Wal-Mart (the Rube Goldberg contraption that is used to haul shopping carts up the second floor is an entry in your journal in and of itself.).
La Curacao is decorated with various fiberglass replicas of famous pre-Columbian Mexican and Central American art, both inside the mall and outside it.
[Michelle Klein-Hass, 09/25/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 29, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Donner Party Monument - Cannibals!, Truckee, California
- Big Rooster on Grassy Hillside, Jackson, California
- Preston Castle - Haunted Boys Prison, Ione, California
- Adventures of Superman Plaque, Tarzana, California
- Bodie State Historic Park - Ghost Town, Bodie, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
- Grave of a Gypsy Queen, Evansville, Indiana
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
- Popeye Statue, Springdale, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips