Ann Arbor, Michigan: Sine Wave FieldArchitect Maya Lin's shaped earth "Wave Field" covers 10,000 square feet and has rippled the University of Michigan campus since 1995.
- 2400 Hayward St., Ann Arbor, MI
- Between the Wilson Center and Francoise-Xavier Building on the North Campus of the University of Michigan. Just south of Hayward St. and just east of Beal Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Sine Wave Field
The woman who designed the Vietnam War Memorial also designed this park-sculpture -- a lawn in the shape of sine waves. You sometimes see students studying or having snowball fights on the humps.[Robin R, 10/14/2008]
June 2011: Photo added. October 2008: Architect Maya Lin's shaped earth "Wave Field" is 10,000 square feet and has rippled the University of Michigan campus since 1995.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Shoe Tree, Salem, MI - 8 mi.
- United Memorial Gardens, Plymouth, MI - 6 mi.
- Big Milker in Ypsi, Ypsilanti, MI - 7 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Bronze Wildlife Sculpture - Cabela's, Dundee, MI - 23 mi.