Green Bay, Wisconsin: Shoe Tree
Near the University of Green Bay Sports Center, decorated by students with shoes to spare. Graduating seniors are encouraged to leave their treads, following a tradition by an earlier tree felled in a storm.
University of Wisconsin Green Bay
- Sports Center Dr., Green Bay, WI
- North of 54/57 Sturgeon Bay Rd. Tree is next to the parking lot for the Sports Center on the University of Wisconsin Green Bay. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The University of Wisconsin in Green Bay had a shoe tree near the housing complex which blew over in 2002. Since then, the students adopted another tree near the Sports Center. This tree has 50 or more pairs of sneakers hanging on it. [Steve Herrick, 11/12/2008]
May 31, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin
- Turkey Statue - Turkey Hunting Capital of WI, Boscobel, Wisconsin
- 9/11 World Trade Center Memorial, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Bull on a Pole, Osseo, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Thomas Edison Statue, Fort Myers, Florida
- Buckhorn Exchange Restaurant - 500 Stuffed Animals, Denver, Colorado