Washington, DC: House of the Temple
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
House of the Temple
This imposing structure -- museum, library, and clubhouse of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry -- offers guided tours, in part to dispel the crazy theories cooked up in conspiracy novels and movies.
Roadsideamerica.com Report... [12/20/2010]
Visitor Tips and News About House of the Temple
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
These are two massive marble sphinxes in front of the Scottish Rite Masonic temple in Washington, DC. You drive past them and do a double take. The one of the left has its eyes open while the one on the right has its eyes closed. They're beautiful sculpture. According to the tourist guide inside (they give tours of the huge building during the day) the left sphinx represents "power" and the right one represents "wisdom."
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 28, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
DC Latest Tips and Stories
- Ugliest Public Sculpture in DC, and Possibly the World, Washington, DC
- Scary Staircase From "The Exorcist", Washington, DC
- Obscure Monument to Lobsterdom, Washington, DC
- George Washington's Hippo, Washington, DC
- Roman Soldier Modesty Shields, Washington, DC
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips