Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
May 4, 2015
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Tread Lightly: Boats on Legs, Lakewood, Colorado
- Tiny Town, Morrison, Colorado
- 20-Foot-Tall Dog Made of Dog Tags, Denver, Colorado
- Join Teddy Roosevelt on his Train Platform, Longmont, Colorado
- Decayed Prospector, Idaho Springs, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Ohio Valley Steelworker Statue, Steubenville, Ohio
- Elvis At The LVH (ex Hilton), Las Vegas, Nevada
- Feature: Goofy Golf, Panama City Beach, Florida
- Feature: Oldest Surviving Goofy Golf, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Feature: Abandoned Goofy Golf, Pensacola, Florida