Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
July 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Ghost Town with Chipmunks, Nathrop, Colorado
- Where the Transcontinental Railroad Actually Met, Strasburg, Colorado
- Clarence's Corner - Popcorn Man, Sterling, Colorado
- Neil Armstrong's "One Small Step" Heartbeat, Durango, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas