Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
November 25, 2015
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Baldpate Inn: 20,000 keys, Estes Park, Colorado
- Noah's Ark-shaped Building, Estes Park, Colorado
- Dine in a Plane, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Big Adirondack Chair, Loveland, Colorado
- Sleeper House from Woody Allen Movie, Golden, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Indiana
- Lion Country Safari, Loxahatchee, Florida
- Sioux City Corn Palace, Sioux City, Iowa
- Belding Shoe Tree, Belding, Michigan
- Big Horse Head Outside Apt. Building, Fairfax, Virginia