Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
July 30, 2015
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Dennis Weaver Eagle, Ridgeway, Colorado
- Big Blue Chair, Loveland, Colorado
- Monsters Inc. House, Boulder City, Colorado
- Humpty Dumpty Brothers, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Chimney Rock National Monument, Pagoda Springs, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Natural Chimneys, Mount Solon, Virginia