Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
May 24, 2015
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Traffic Circle Dinosaur, Fruita, Colorado
- Mike the Headless Chicken, Fruita, Colorado
- License Plate Trout, Palisade, Colorado
- Tread Lightly: Boats on Legs, Lakewood, Colorado
- Tiny Town, Morrison, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- Freedom Rock, Menlo, Iowa
- Walleye Capital of the World, Port Clinton, Ohio
- Metal Dinosaurs, Joshua Tree, California
- Prehistoric Forest and Mystery Hill, Marblehead, Ohio