Creede, Colorado: World's Only Underground Firehouse
In a hilly town, the volunteer fire department operates out of a cave cut into a mountainside.
- W. Willow Creek Rd, Creede, CO
- In the canyon just north of town, on the west side of Main St./Willow Creek Rd.
- Tours by request. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Underground Firehouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's only underground firehouse. It is the town's actual fire station. The trucks are stored in tunnels that resemble an inverted tree to make getting them out easier.
June 26, 2016
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Jack Dempsey Statue and Museum, Manassa, Colorado
- Highest City in America, Leadville, Colorado
- Uncle Wilber Fountain, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Giant Arrows, Mancos, Colorado
- Humpty Dumpty Brothers, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sheet Metal Man, Muncie, Indiana
- Paul Bunyan, Muncie, Indiana
- Landlocked Lighthouse, Storm Lake, Iowa
- Restaurant Inside An Airplane, Tulare, California
- Purple Cows and Self Abusing Hot Dog, Kingsport, Tennessee