Novato, California: Out-of-Control Christmas House
- 34 Devonshire Dr., Novato, CA
- US Hwy 101 to San Marin Dr. heading west. Turn left onto Novato Blvd. then left onto Eucalyptus Ave., right on Devonshire Dr. around the curve and it will be on the right.
- Seasonal, Daily 6-10 pm Dec-Jan.
- Free, donation.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
A holiday-crazed home buried in Christmas cheer and open to the public, including the rooms inside. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [12/24/2008]
Visitor Tips and News About Out-of-Control Christmas House
We spotted the Rombeiro family hard at work in their front yard, positioning plastic elves and stringing Christmas lights in a knobby, leafless tree. It's all part of getting the Out-of-Control Christmas House prepped for its fans by December 1st. The Rombeiros throw open their doors for daily self-guided walkthroughs. We recognized statuary from previous visits -- the Magi clustered with snowmen, the lit-from-within carolers; the density should increase over the next few weeks. Inside their home, Mr. Rombeiro -- who has a natural Santa beard -- promises new arrangements and displays![RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 11/12/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Olompali: Miwoks, Chosen Family, Grateful Dead, Novato, CA - 3 mi.
- The Space Station Museum, Novato, CA - 5 mi.
- Tin Man and Petaluma Pyramid, Petaluma, CA - 8 mi.
- In the region: Drinking Fountain Honoring Brothel Madam And Her Dog, Sausalito, CA - 19 mi.