Sausalito, California: Taj Mahal Houseboat
Lavish houseboat architecture suggests the India landmark.
- Johnson St., Sausalito, CA
- Sausalito Yacht Harbor, off Bridgeway Boulevard at Johnson Street.
- Private property visible from dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Taj Mahal Houseboat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Taj Mahal Houseboat
For more than 30 years this houseboat has been a fixture on the Sausalito waterfront. It is a wonderful example of fantasy Islamic inspired architecture, and a great find when walking around the yacht harbor. While the houseboat is on a public dock, be sure to respect the owner's private property rights.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/07/2009]
August 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man: Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- S.S. Minnow, Tehachapi, California
- Teddy Bear Made of Boulders, La Jolla, California
- Bravo Land, Kettleman City, California
- Longest Covered Bridge West of the Mississippi, Knights Ferry, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Depot Museum - Electrocuted Eagle, Stevenson, Alabama
- Big Lumberjack, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio