Sausalito, California: Taj Mahal Houseboat
Lavish houseboat architecture suggests the India landmark.
- Johnson St., Sausalito, CA
- Sausalito Yacht Harbor, off Bridgeway Boulevard at Johnson Street.
- Private property visible from dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Taj Mahal Houseboat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Taj Mahal Houseboat
For more than 30 years this houseboat has been a fixture on the Sausalito waterfront. It is a wonderful example of fantasy Islamic inspired architecture, and a great find when walking around the yacht harbor. While the houseboat is on a public dock, be sure to respect the owner's private property rights.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/07/2009]
July 1, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Fender Guitars Visitor Center, Corona, California
- Grave of O.K. Corral's Morgan Earp, Colton, California
- Borax Visitor Center, Boron, California
- Maze Stone - Mysterious Petroglyph, Hemet, California
- Restaurant Inside An Airplane, Tulare, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Coronado Heights WPA Castle, Lindsborg, Kansas
- Houdini's Grave, Queens, New York
- Meals Served by Model Train, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Lizard Man Sandwiches, Bishopville, South Carolina
- UFO Welcome Center, Bowman, South Carolina