Sausalito, California: Taj Mahal HouseboatLavish houseboat architecture suggests the India landmark.
- Johnson St., Sausalito, CA
- Sausalito Yacht Harbor, off Bridgeway Boulevard at Johnson Street.
- Private property visible from dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Taj Mahal Houseboat
For more than 30 years this houseboat has been a fixture on the Sausalito waterfront. It is a wonderful example of fantasy Islamic inspired architecture, and a great find when walking around the yacht harbor. While the houseboat is on a public dock, be sure to respect the owner's private property rights.[Phil Pasquini, 01/07/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Drinking Fountain Honoring Brothel Madam And Her Dog, Sausalito, CA - < 1 mi.
- Mini-SF Bay - Army Corps of Engineers, Sausalito, CA - < 1 mi.
- Railroad Car House Boat, Sausalito, CA - 1 mi.
- Statue of Philo Farnsworth, Father of TV, San Francisco, CA - 5 mi.