Sausalito, California: Taj Mahal Houseboat
Lavish houseboat architecture suggests the India landmark.
- Johnson St., Sausalito, CA
- Sausalito Yacht Harbor, off Bridgeway Boulevard at Johnson Street.
- Private property visible from dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Taj Mahal Houseboat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Taj Mahal Houseboat
For more than 30 years this houseboat has been a fixture on the Sausalito waterfront. It is a wonderful example of fantasy Islamic inspired architecture, and a great find when walking around the yacht harbor. While the houseboat is on a public dock, be sure to respect the owner's private property rights.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/07/2009]
August 28, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- Muffler Man - Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- Elfin Forest, Los Osos, California
- Trust In Me, My Friend, Clovis, California
- Trees Of Mystery, Klamath, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota