Sausalito, California: Taj Mahal Houseboat
Lavish houseboat architecture suggests the India landmark.
- Johnson St., Sausalito, CA
- Sausalito Yacht Harbor, off Bridgeway Boulevard at Johnson Street.
- Private property visible from dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Taj Mahal Houseboat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Taj Mahal Houseboat
For more than 30 years this houseboat has been a fixture on the Sausalito waterfront. It is a wonderful example of fantasy Islamic inspired architecture, and a great find when walking around the yacht harbor. While the houseboat is on a public dock, be sure to respect the owner's private property rights.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/07/2009]
May 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- East Jesus, Niland, California
- Loved to Death Taxidermy, San Francisco, California
- Mud Pots, Niland, California
- Replica of the First In-N-Out Burger, Baldwin Park, California
- Ice Skater Statue, Culver City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Lonely Head of John Adams, Newport, Rhode Island