Hanceville, Alabama: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
1990s Roman Catholic shrine built to look old and impressive. Has a replica Shroud of Turin in the lower church, and suits of armor in the Castle san Miguel gift shop. The vision of TV celebrity nun Mother Angelica, who's buried here.
Our Lady of the Angels Monastery Farm
- 3222 County Rd 548, Hanceville, AL
- Our Lady of the Angels Monastery Farm. Hwy 91, east on County Hwy 47, right on County Rd 548.
- Visitors must dress modestly. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The Most Blessed Sacrament is a large Catholic shrine in the middle of the Alabama countryside. Newly built to model much older churches in Europe, the shrine is beautiful but tends to feel like a religious Epcot. Also has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, a replica of the Lourdes grotto in France, and a gift shop inside a castle.
[Philip Deslippe, 01/28/2009]
December 7, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Jim Bird's Hickory Bark Gator, Forkland, Alabama
- Cross Garden - Hell's Warning Label, Prattville, Alabama
- Alligator Alley - Home Of Captain Crunch, Summerdale, Alabama
- See Alligators from Town Boardwalk, Daphne, Alabama
- World's Longest Memorial to a Woman or an Indian, Florence, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma