Hanceville, Alabama: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
A big new Roman Catholic shrine built to look old and impressive. Has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, which is a good start.
Visitor Tips and News About Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The Most Blessed Sacrament is a large Catholic shrine in the middle of the Alabama countryside. Newly built to model much older churches in Europe, the shrine is beautiful but tends to feel like a religious Epcot. Also has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, a replica of the Lourdes grotto in France, and a gift shop inside a castle.
[Philip Deslippe, 01/28/2009]
November 30, 2015
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Museum of Wonder, Seale, Alabama
- Statue of Liberty Replica, Birmingham, Alabama
- Bronze Statue of Eddie Kendricks, Birmingham, Alabama
- Burnt Corn Coca-Cola Barn Sign, Burnt Corn, Alabama
- Feature: Ave Maria Grotto, Cullman, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lewis and Clark Starting Point Geodetic Marker, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Grave of The Mother of the Mother Road, Hydro, Oklahoma
- Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station, Hydro, Oklahoma
- City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, Ukiah, California
- Feature: George Jones Museum, Nashville, Tennessee