Hanceville, Alabama: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
A big new Roman Catholic shrine built to look old and impressive. Has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, which is a good start.
Visitor Tips and News About Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The Most Blessed Sacrament is a large Catholic shrine in the middle of the Alabama countryside. Newly built to model much older churches in Europe, the shrine is beautiful but tends to feel like a religious Epcot. Also has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, a replica of the Lourdes grotto in France, and a gift shop inside a castle.
[Philip Deslippe, 01/28/2009]
May 22, 2015
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Alabama's Largest Confederate Memorial, Ohatchee, Alabama
- Lirpa Anad Nitsud, Fort Payne, Alabama
- Roman Columns, Elberta, Alabama
- Lady in the Lake, Elberta, Alabama
- Bamahenge, Elberta, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Custer's Last Stand: Little Big Horn, Crow Agency, Montana
- Sitagu Buddhist Temple, Austin, Texas
- Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Richard Pryor Statue, Peoria, Illinois
- Manatee Park, Ft. Myers, Florida