Hanceville, Alabama: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
A big new Roman Catholic shrine built to look old and impressive. Has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, which is a good start.
Visitor Tips and News About Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The Most Blessed Sacrament is a large Catholic shrine in the middle of the Alabama countryside. Newly built to model much older churches in Europe, the shrine is beautiful but tends to feel like a religious Epcot. Also has a Shroud of Turin exhibit, a replica of the Lourdes grotto in France, and a gift shop inside a castle.
[Philip Deslippe, 01/28/2009]
September 1, 2015
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Center of Alabama Monument, Montevallo, Alabama
- Jesus in a Glass Box, Northport, Alabama
- Spider Car, Remlap, Alabama
- Eggbeater Jesus, Huntsville, Alabama
- Giant Aluminum Rock 'n' Roller, Sheffield, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: JFK's World's Largest Ball of Twine, Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
- Mystery Christmas Tree, Cordes Junction, Arizona
- Fort Fisher Hermit Bunker, Kure Beach, North Carolina
- Old Montana Prison, Deer Lodge, Montana
- Edison Tower, Edison, New Jersey