Boxholm, Iowa: Boxholm MuseumThis is the Loneliest Museum in America. For two decades David Peterson has labored to build it: a museum dedicated solely to Boxholm and the six square miles of Grant Township that surround it.
- 311 2nd St., Boxholm, IA
- I-35 exit 111. Drive west on US Hwy 30 for 28 miles, then turn right (north) on US Hwy 169 for 10 miles. Downtown, which is small, in the old bank.
- Appt only; must call first. (Call to verify)
Boxholm Museum: David Peterson cares about Boxholm, Iowa. He's lived there almost his entire life (He told us that he hasn't even left Iowa since 1969). [01/22/2009] Complete Story...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Tallest Double-Track Railroad Bridge in America, Boone, IA - 11 mi.
- Cardiff Giant at Frontier Village, Fort Dodge, IA - 22 mi.
- Mahaney Memorial Carillon Tower, Jefferson, IA - 18 mi.
- In the region: Big Hands And Wrenches of the Plumbers and Steamfitters, Des Moines, IA - 48 mi.