Croswell, Michigan: Swinging Bridge
A long, narrow, swinging footbridge over a river. Not for those who get nervous on bridges.
- 45 Maple St., Croswell, MI
- From Peck Rd/Hwy 90 turn north on S. Howard Ave., then left on Maple at the north edge of town. There's parking on each side of the bridge.
Visitor Tips and News About Swinging Bridge
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the small town of Croswell is an unusual swinging footbridge across the Black River. It's supported by two giant cables on each side, and has a plank floor. While it is kept in good condition and the local kids run across it, I didn't make it to the far side! There is a picnic area on the west side and a small park at the east entrance. It's worth a stop if you're in the area.
[John Holmes, 01/26/2009]
July 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- The Henry Ford, America's Greatest History Attraction, Dearborn, Michigan
- Paulding Lights, Watersmeet, Michigan
- Great Circus Train Wreck Display, Durand, Michigan
- Wienerlicious Restaurant Top, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Hamtramck Disneyland - Folk Art, Hamtramck, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Natural Chimneys, Mount Solon, Virginia