A witch's cackle can supposedly be heard coming out of cracks in the rock. It's a big rock, so it's possible that a witch could be in there....
- 1 Vaughn Hill Rd, Rochester, MA
- I-195 exit 19B. Drive north on North St. for several miles until it ends at New Bedford Rd. Turn right. The rock is just up the road, tucked under some trees, on the north side of New Bedford Rd just as it intersects Vaughan Hill Rd.
- Private property.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Witch Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On private property, but the owner gladly allowed us to walk around the rock.
Large ivy-covered rock with witch painting. Said to have witch's laughter coming out of cracks in rock. Supposedly site of the murder of a Salem woman who escaped the witch trials.
April 26, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Museum of Bad Art: Main Gallery, Somerville, Massachusetts
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Muffler Man, Hancock, Massachusetts
- Skull of Phineas Gage and the Rod That Passed Through It, Boston, Massachusetts
- Museum of World War II, Natick, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cannonball in a Church Wall, Greeneville, Tennessee
- Rowdy the Roadrunner, San Antonio, Texas
- Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant, Portland, Oregon
- Forrest Gump's Bench, Savannah, Georgia
- Stainless Steel Drowned Lifeguard, Newport Beach, California