Omaha, Nebraska: The HI TreeFreak tree attractions usually don't stick around long, but this one has its own plaque and bench: a tree that spells the letters "HI," a natural for stand-next-to-it-and-wave snapshots.
- John J. Pershing Drive, Omaha, NE
- East side of John J. Pershing Drive, about 500 feet north of the I-680 bridge.
Visitor Tips and News About The HI Tree
This tree is in an area that experienced a great deal of flooding in the summer of 2011. It is still accessible, but the plaque is gone and the bench was destroyed. We parked at the Florence Depot Museum (quarter mile southwest) and walked to the tree.[Bill Diesslin, 03/12/2012]
In the Dodge Park area of Omaha, Nebraska, there is a tree formation which seems to spell the word "HI." It has been recognized as a landmark of sorts, with a plaque and bench nearby.[Don Fraysier, 03/24/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Dine While Raccoons Scavenge, Omaha, NE - < 1 mi.
- Malcolm X Born Here, Omaha, NE - 4 mi.
- Gerald Ford Birthplace Mini-Museum, Omaha, NE - 7 mi.
- In the region: Museum of Religious Arts, King of Kings Wax Collection, Logan, IA - 20 mi.