Atchison, Kansas: Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum
A unique Sky Queen among doomed Sky Kings, Earhart mysteriously disappeared on a 1937 flight around the Earth.
- 223 N. Terrace St., Atchison, KS
- On the west side of N. Terrace St. just south of its intersection with Santa Fe St.
- M-F 9 am - 4 pm, Sa 10 am - 4 pm, Su 1-4 pm (Call to verify)
Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The home where Amelia Earhart was born has been maintained as a wonderful museum in honor of all of Earhart's achievements. It includes homages to her amazing accomplishments in aviation as well as her personal triumphs such as a fashion line for active woman.
The museum is easy to find, Atchison is very small and very proud of its heritage so you won't miss the signs that lead the way. It is a beautiful stately house that has been maintained for many years by the Ninety-Nines, an international group of female licensed pilots. Amelia Earhart was their first elected president.
[Educated Vagabond, 04/10/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Amelia Earhart Earthwork Face, Atchison, KS - 2 mi.
- Peter Toth Indian Monument, Troy, KS - 15 mi.
- Largest Ball Of String, Not Twine, Weston, MO - 16 mi.
- In the region: Truman's Plow, Agricultural Hall of Fame, Bonner Springs, KS - 34 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Tow Mater's New Neighbors, Galena, Kansas
- All Veterans Memorial, Emporia, Kansas
- Giant Coca-Cola Can, Emporia, Kansas
- 1,260 Lb. Salt Block and Discovery Well, South Hutchinson, Kansas
- The Dead Zone, Coffeyville, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sit In A Spaceship, Wallace, Idaho
- Center Of The Universe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Russell's Travel Center, Glenrio, New Mexico
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips