Charlotte, North Carolina: Billy Graham Library - Journey of Faith
Airlock doors and lurking guides ensure that you'll have many opportunities to be saved. Also: an animatronic talking cow.
Billy Graham Library
Visitor Tips and News About Billy Graham Library - Journey of Faith
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I was stranded in Charlotte, NC on a business trip so I decided the check out the Billy Graham Library. When the first thing I saw was an animatronic talking cow, I knew I was in for a treat.
You walk your way through elaborate exhibits and film strips dedicated to the life of mega-preacher Billy Graham. You move at their pace and guides are lurking everywhere, a little to excited to chat about how great Billy is. Doors slam behind you automatically as you enter a room where a new guide is waiting to engage you in awkward conversation. As you make your way through the place it becomes less and less about the history of Billy Graham and more about converting you.
Finally you are handed a card where you can check whether or not your soul was saved on this day. You also get to visit the burial site of Billy's wife.
[Jacob Krejci, 04/10/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 10, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Futuro Flying Saucer, Frisco, North Carolina
- Floyd's City Barber Shop, Mount Airy, North Carolina
- World's Largest Bed And Quilt, Franklin, North Carolina
- Metal Man Riding a Pig-Dog, Asheville, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park, Wilson, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips