Results 1 to 3 of 3...
World's Largest Turkey
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Turkey
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The giant turkey sits at the entrance to the public park, billed as "The Best Lions Park by a Dam Site" (The Lions are the fraternal public service organization that built the park. The pun references the dam on the river next to the park.). Just to the west is a large turkey farming operation, and on the day we were there the wind brought with it a pervasive odor of turkey offal, adding another sensory dimension to our appreciation of the large tom. Though the park has picnic facilities, I would recommend checking the wind direction before planning a picnic.
[Scott Johnson, 09/15/2007]
Torched giant turkey misses annual festival
Big Tom, World's Largest Turkey, was accidentally destroyed before this year's Turkey Day Festival in Frazee, Minnesota. The 22-foot turkey, a prominent town park fixture since 1986, was being secretly renovated on July 1st when a blowtorch ignited the insulation.... [09/06/1998] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Original Big Turkey, Frazee, MN - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Loon, Vergas, MN - 6 mi.
- Old Three Legs, Stuffed Killer Wolf, Detroit Lakes, MN - 9 mi.
- In the region: St. Urho, Grasshopper Chaser, Menahga, MN - 29 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 21, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Bunyan's Adirondack Chair, But No Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Wild Thing Hay Bales, Brainerd, Minnesota
- The Hairy Mosquito, Milaca, Minnesota
- Brick Head, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips