San Quentin, California: San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Features a miniature gas chamber, model prison cell, the blood-stained noose that hanged Rattlesnake James, and parts of the gallows and "The Dungeon." Prisoner crafts gift shop is outside the East gate.
- 106 Dolores Way, San Quentin, CA
- Inside the East Gate, at the western foot of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Ask gate guard, show ID, no cameras.
- Gift shop M-F 1-3 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Visitor Tips and News About San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The gift shop is only open 1 pm - 3 pm Monday-Friday. They only take cash or check, no credit. [Jessi, 08/02/2016]
San Quentin Prison Museum
The prison museum has been closed due to budget cuts, but you can visit the gift center where you can buy things made by inmates like knitted slippers or a belt buckle. Odd. [Kim Wheeler, 09/20/2013]
October 28, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Paul Walker Crash Site, Valencia, California
- Tiny Church in a Parking Lot, Tustin, California
- Scarecrows and Harvest Festival, Cambria, California
- Legendary Slot Machines In June Lake, June Lake, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri
- Giant Prospector Twins, Jean, Nevada