San Quentin, California: San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Features a miniature gas chamber, model prison cell, the blood-stained noose that hanged Rattlesnake James, and parts of the gallows and "The Dungeon." Prisoner crafts gift shop is outside the East gate.
- 106 Dolores Way, San Quentin, CA
- Inside the East Gate, at the western foot of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Ask gate guard, show ID, no cameras.
- Gift shop M-F 1-3 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Visitor Tips and News About San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The gift shop is only open 1 pm - 3 pm Monday-Friday. They only take cash or check, no credit. [Jessi, 08/02/2016]
San Quentin Prison Museum
The prison museum has been closed due to budget cuts, but you can visit the gift center where you can buy things made by inmates like knitted slippers or a belt buckle. Odd. [Kim Wheeler, 09/20/2013]
April 23, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Piano Staircase, Hollywood, California
- Joshua Tree from The Joshua Tree, Lone Pine, California
- Feature: Sheriff's Museum: Heaven's Gate, San Diego, California
- Topsy-Turvy Palm Tree, Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden, Escondido, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Mummified Human Arm, Norwich, Connecticut
- Big Soup Can, Eastland, Texas
- Mural: John Lennon, Al Capone, Marilyn Monroe, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: White Sands: Alien Dunescape, Alamogordo, New Mexico