San Quentin, California: San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Features a miniature gas chamber, model prison cell, the blood-stained noose that hanged Rattlesnake James, and parts of the gallows and "The Dungeon." Prisoner crafts gift shop is outside the East gate.
- 106 Dolores Way, San Quentin, CA
- Inside the East Gate, at the western foot of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Ask gate guard, show ID, no cameras.
- Tu and Th, 10-4 (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
San Quentin Prison Museum
The prison museum has been closed due to budget cuts, but you can visit the gift center where you can buy things made by inmates like knitted slippers or a belt buckle. Odd. [Kim Wheeler, 09/20/2013]
May 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- 12-Foot-Tall Lumberjack, Stockton, California
- Lumberjack's Lumberjack, Willits, California
- Guard Tower From Japanese-American Internment Camp, Tulelake, California
- East Jesus, Niland, California
- Loved to Death Taxidermy, San Francisco, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin