San Quentin, California: San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Features a miniature gas chamber, model prison cell, the blood-stained noose that hanged Rattlesnake James, and parts of the gallows and "The Dungeon." Prisoner crafts gift shop is outside the East gate.
- 106 Dolores Way, San Quentin, CA
- Inside the East Gate, at the western foot of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Ask gate guard, show ID, no cameras.
- Gift shop M-F 1-3 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Visitor Tips and News About San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum)
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The gift shop is only open 1 pm - 3 pm Monday-Friday. They only take cash or check, no credit. [Jessi, 08/02/2016]
San Quentin Prison Museum
The prison museum has been closed due to budget cuts, but you can visit the gift center where you can buy things made by inmates like knitted slippers or a belt buckle. Odd. [Kim Wheeler, 09/20/2013]
August 29, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Sleep in a Caboose, Dunsmuir, California
- Muffler Man: Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- S.S. Minnow, Tehachapi, California
- Teddy Bear Made of Boulders, La Jolla, California
- Bravo Land, Kettleman City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Lost Sea, Sweetwater, Tennessee
- Midland Mosaics, Tacoma, Washington
- Curiosity Case at Disc Exchange, Dayton, Ohio
- Fairview Inn: U.S. President Poisoned Here, Talkeetna, Alaska
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota