Los Angeles, California: Cosmos-Themed Encounter Lounge
Intergalactic-themed bar and restaurant in the UFO-looking thing above the airport. Have a Bossa Supernova!
Los Angeles International Airport
- 209 World Way, Los Angeles, CA
- LAX. Park. Enter at the airport arrivals lower level and proceed past the third signal until you see the Encounter signs.
- Outside of airport security. (Call to verify)
- Daily 11-9:30.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Cosmos-Themed Encounter Lounge
Visitor Tips and News About Cosmos-Themed Encounter Lounge
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Not terribly convenient for travelers, as you have to haul your luggage across a big parking lot to get there, but it's totally worth it! The fun starts in the elevator ride up, and then you step out into a swank, space-age lounge. Even the bathrooms are stylish. A must for anyone who's ever wondered what you'd get if you crossed The Jetsons with Mad Men. This is by far the best thing about LAX. It's a good place to get a drink and some food during a long connection, though you will have to go back through security.
[Megan S, 05/21/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 20, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour, Fairfield, California
- The Indian Warrior, Bakersfield, California
- WCTU Fountain, Ontario, California
- San Francisco Fire Department Museum, San Francisco, California
- Noah Purifoy Outdoor Desert Art Museum, Joshua Tree, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Big Chairs, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Apple Boy, High Rolls - Mountain Park, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips