Death Valley National Park, California: Wacky Teakettle Junction SignFolks trek out to the desert with their old tea kettles and hang them on this sign. It's nutty!
- Racetrack Valley Rd, Death Valley National Park, CA
- From Nevada US Hwy 95 at Scotty's Junction turn west on NV-267 25 mi. to CA - N Hwy 7.5 mi., right at Death Valley Rd. for 2.8 mi, slight left at Racetrack Valley Rd 22.4 mi. to sign near junction with Hunter Mountain Rd.
- Daylight hours. Careful - it's a desert.
Visitor Tips and News About Wacky Teakettle Junction Sign
21 miles down an okay gravel and rock road from the end of the pavement at Ubehebe Crater loop. Sometimes the rangers go out and thin the kettles. Maybe someone should go out there with a welder and do something artistic with the overload so they won't have to.[tenkism, 02/05/2014]
This is certainly off the beaten path in Death Valley on the way to The Racetrack, where boulders mysteriously move by themselves.[germologist, 08/28/2012]
The Teakettle Junction sign is a magnet for old teapots.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mysterious Moving Rocks, Death Valley National Park, CA - 7 mi.
- Uhehebe Crater: Volcano!, Death Valley National Park, CA - 18 mi.
- Scotty's Castle, Death Valley, CA - 22 mi.
- Monument And Mass Grave For 1872 Earthquake Victims, Lone Pine, CA - 31 mi.