Wichita, Kansas: Large Rooftop Rooster Statue
On the roof of an eatery named Donut Whole.
- 1720 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS
- Donut Whole. Downtown, on the north side of E. Douglas Ave. just east of N. Hydraulic St.
Large Rooster Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Large Rooftop Rooster Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Crowing out over East Douglas Avenue in Wichita is a giant rooster on the roof of The Donut Whole. The Donut Whole opened in January of 2009 and proudly proclaim that they "offer free wireless internet, live acoustic music, art shows, doughnut eating contests and more -- much more than your traditional doughnut shop." You can also buy giant rooster-bedecked shirts, hats, mugs and more on thedonutwhole.com. Unfortunately they don't offer any rooster history or lore.
I guess we'll have to stop in for a pastry and some information next time we are passing through The Air Capital City.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Norman No. 1 Oil Well and Museum, Neodesha, Kansas
- Geographic Center of the 48 states, Lebanon, Kansas
- Dennis Hopper's Muffler Men, Dodge City, Kansas
- Mini Statue of Liberty, Gaylord, Kansas
- Humerus Osteopathic Statue, Topeka, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips