Wichita, Kansas: Large Rooftop Rooster Statue
On the roof of an eatery named Donut Whole.
- 1720 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS
- Donut Whole. Downtown, on the north side of E. Douglas Ave. just east of N. Hydraulic St.
Large Rooster Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Large Rooftop Rooster Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Crowing out over East Douglas Avenue in Wichita is a giant rooster on the roof of The Donut Whole. The Donut Whole opened in January of 2009 and proudly proclaim that they "offer free wireless internet, live acoustic music, art shows, doughnut eating contests and more -- much more than your traditional doughnut shop." You can also buy giant rooster-bedecked shirts, hats, mugs and more on thedonutwhole.com. Unfortunately they don't offer any rooster history or lore.
I guess we'll have to stop in for a pastry and some information next time we are passing through The Air Capital City.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 28, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of Home On The Range, Athol, Kansas
- Giant Dragon and Other Farm Equipment Creatures, Lincoln, Kansas
- Suitcase Tombstone of a Traveling Salesman, Lincoln, Kansas
- Giant Steam Shovel, Crawford County Historical Museum, Pittsburg, Kansas
- Tow Mater from the Movie "Cars", Galena, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Last Silent Movie Studio in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
- Big Doughnut, Donut King II, Gardena, California
- The Faux Museum, Portland, Oregon
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Seemoore's Ice Cream, Pahrump, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips