San Diego, California: Presidents Museum in a High School
The Museum Of The American Presidency is in Clairemont High School. Thousands of items, including an extensive Richard Nixon collection and a miniature "JFK 464" license plate -- which for obvious reasons was never issued.
Clairemont High School
- 4150 Ute Dr., San Diego, CA
- In Clairemont High School. I-5 exit 22. Drive north on Clairemont Drive around three miles, then turn left onto Ute Drive.
- M-F 8 am - 3:30 pm. By appt. - ask for Library. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Nixon Memorabilia In A High School
Visitor Tips and News About Presidents Museum in a High School
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fun, quirky and educational collection of presidential memorabilia from Washington to Obama. The last 12 presidents are featured most prominently. See Bill Clinton's golf shoes up close!
The main collection is housed all throughout the school library, which is open Mon-Fri, 8am-3:30pm. There is more in a locked meeting room that you can see by appointment if the room is not in use. The collection is the decades-long project of one of the history teachers.
There is visitor parking just as you enter the school lot. Go to front office, sign in and get a visitor pass. Tell them you want to visit the library's collection. Not many people visit it, so they may look confused at first! Call ahead.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Urge - Robot Mimics You, San Francisco, California
- Speaking in Tongues Began Here, Los Angeles, California
- Smitten Ice Cream, San Francisco, California
- Ice Cream Parlor Bison Statue, Avalon, California
- Statue of Old Ben, Hungry Sea Lion, Avalon, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips