Duarte, California: Large Statue of Pope John Paul II
Seven tons of white marble, nine feet tall on a four-foot base. Arms wide, the Pope greets nearby smaller statues of Buddha and the Virgin of Guadalupe. Paid for by a local Italian food and wine importer.
- 1500 E. Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA
- In the gardens of the City of Hope medical center. I-210 exit 35B. Drive south on Buena Vista St., cross the train tracks, then turn left onto Duarte Rd. The gardens will be two blocks on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Statue of Pope John Paul II
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Large Statue of Pope John Paul II
In addition to the Pope John Paul II statue, the City of Hope has an extensive and varied sculpture garden. [Wende Frost, 03/14/2017]
March 30, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Calico Ghost Town, Yermo, California
- Diorama Museum of Bhagavad-gita, Los Angeles, California
- Storyland - Child-Free Adults Unwelcome, Fresno, California
- Glory Hole - Monticello Dam Drain, Napa, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lovers Oak, Brunswick, Georgia
- World's Tallest Hatteras Tribute Lighthouse, East Lake, North Carolina
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida