McConnelsville, Ohio: Big Muskie's Bucket
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Muskie's Bucket
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Muskie's Bucket
Not only is Big Muskie's bucket a great photo op (there is a metal staircase to make access a bit easier), but it is ringed by enormous chains with improbably huge links. Although signs discourage climbing the rock pile surrounding Big Muskie's bucket, people often clamber as close to the giant links as possible for a pose there too. Another highlight of the trip out to the bucket is the wild ride there, through hilly and curving countryside (reach the crest of a hill aaaand....hard left! Hard right! Hard left!).
Big Muskie, mining leviathan, dismantled
The boom has literally dropped on Ohio's Big Muskie. The World's Largest Earth Mover continues to be dismantled, despite valiant preservation efforts.... [05/21/1999] Complete News Story
May 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- The Troll Hole: World's Largest Troll Collection, Alliance, Ohio
- World's Shortest Street, Bellefontaine, Ohio
- Worden's Ledges, Hinckley, Ohio
- Buckeye Lake Black Bear, Lancaster, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York
- Ugo Rondinone: Seven Magic Mountains, Jean, Nevada