McConnelsville, Ohio: Big Muskie's Bucket
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Big Muskie's Bucket
Visitor Tips and News About Big Muskie's Bucket
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Not only is Big Muskie's bucket a great photo op (there is a metal staircase to make access a bit easier), but it is ringed by enormous chains with improbably huge links. Although signs discourage climbing the rock pile surrounding Big Muskie's bucket, people often clamber as close to the giant links as possible for a pose there too. Another highlight of the trip out to the bucket is the wild ride there, through hilly and curving countryside (reach the crest of a hill aaaand....hard left! Hard right! Hard left!).
Big Muskie, mining leviathan, dismantled
The boom has literally dropped on Ohio's Big Muskie. The World's Largest Earth Mover continues to be dismantled, despite valiant preservation efforts.... [05/21/1999] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 6, 2013
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Texaco Big Friend - Waving Variant, Oakwood Village, Ohio
- Feature: Kennedy Assassination Air Force One, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
- Dr. John Harris Dental Museum, Bainbridge, Ohio
- Big Cowboy, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial, Sunbury, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips