Alfalfa, Oregon: Shoe Tree
A tree decorated with pairs of shoes tossed into its craggy limbs. There may be more than one tree. Said to be a student rite of passage.
- Willard Rd, Alfalfa, OR
- East of Alfalfa (east of Bend) on Willard Road as it turns south at Reservoir Rd.
- Jan. 2013: Reported gone.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Shoe tree has been removed! The tree full of shoes no longer exists.
On a lonely stretch of Willard Road east of Alfalfa, Oregon, amid the high desert pines, you are startled by a roadside tree festooned with hundreds of pairs of shoes.
My understanding is that when local high school kids leave town for college they hang up a pair of shoes symbolic of leaving home.
The shoe tree is located east of the town of Alfalfa on Willard Road before it turns south.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 1, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oregon Latest Tips and Stories
- The Faux Museum, Portland, Oregon
- Ben Franklin Contemplating His Latest Invention, McMinnville, Oregon
- World's Largest Nutcracker, Roseburg, Oregon
- Cuckoo's Nest Mental Hospital Museum, Salem, Oregon
- Sea Lion Caves, Florence, Oregon
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Last Silent Movie Studio in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
- Big Doughnut, Donut King II, Gardena, California
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Seemoore's Ice Cream, Pahrump, Nevada
- World's Longest Courthouse Bench, Fayetteville, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips