Washington, DC: Pope John Paul II's Skis
Though not performing airborne Iron Crosses, the Holy Father was apparently quite the alpine athlete. Check out his skis, poles and exercise shoes. Other exhibits and relics, including a vial of his blood.
Pope John Paul II National Shrine
- 3900 Harewood Rd NE, Washington, DC
- Pope John Paul II National Shrine. North of town off Michigan Ave. NE. Harewood Rd at Catholic University of America.
- M-Sa 10 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
Pope John Paul II's Skis
Visitor Tips and News About Pope John Paul II's Skis
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
He was more than just the first Polish pope and a lifelong foe of Communism (and a few activities a lot of folks enjoy without hurting others). He was quite the athlete. Check out his skis, the Pole's poles and some dandy low-key exercise shoes at the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center.
They used to charge for admission, but now it's a donation system. Even that isn't bringing in big crowds and the big newish building is starting to look a touch long-in-the-tooth.
[Pedro G., 06/30/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 2, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
DC Latest Tips and Stories
- George Washington's Hippo, Washington, DC
- Roman Soldier Modesty Shields, Washington, DC
- Owney, Stuffed Dog Postal Mascot, Washington, DC
- Sit On Einstein's Lap, Washington, DC
- Gargoyles, Washington National Cathedral, Washington, DC
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, Angola, Louisiana
- Big Metal Dragon, East Bethany, New York
- Armored Knight, Batavia, New York
- Entertrainment Junction, West Chester, Ohio
- Holy Land USA, Waterbury, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips