Large metal statue of a George Washington head quarter. Part of the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor's Roadside Giants project, designed and constructed by students.
Down River Golf Course
- US Hwy 30, Everett, PA
- On the south side of US Hwy 30 Business, just east of Everett at the entrance to the Down River Golf Course.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Quarter
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Bedford County Technical Center built an oversized quarter with George Washington's profile (20-ft. diameter and weighs nearly one ton).
The quarter was chosen for the Roadside Giants of the Lincoln Highway project due to Washington's strong connections to Bedford County. Washington stayed at the famous Espy House on Pitt Street, and often drank at the Fraser Tavern, commonly known as the Graystone, during the French and Indian War. This Giant is installed at the entrance of Down River Golf Course, just east of Everett.
[Leah Cominsky, 07/17/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 22, 2014
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Loch Ness Monster, Canadensis, Pennsylvania
- Literal Fork in the Road, Centerport, Pennsylvania
- Hershey's Chocolate Factory Tour, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine Tour, Ashland, Pennsylvania
- Roadside America: The Attraction, Shartlesville, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hong Kong Willie, Tampa, Florida
- Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, South Carolina
- Cement Teepee, Satanta, Kansas
- Panther Ridge Conservation Center, Wellington, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips