Everett, Pennsylvania: Giant QuarterLarge metal statue of a George Washington head quarter. Part of the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor's Roadside Giants project, designed and constructed by students.
Down River Golf Course
- US Hwy 30, Everett, PA
- On the south side of US Hwy 30 Business, just east of Everett at the entrance to the Down River Golf Course.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Quarter
Bedford County Technical Center built an oversized quarter with George Washington's profile (20-ft. diameter and weighs nearly one ton).
The quarter was chosen for the Roadside Giants of the Lincoln Highway project due to Washington's strong connections to Bedford County. Washington stayed at the famous Espy House on Pitt Street, and often drank at the Fraser Tavern, commonly known as the Graystone, during the French and Indian War. This Giant is installed at the entrance of Down River Golf Course, just east of Everett.[Leah Cominsky, 07/17/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Ice Cream Sundae-Shaped Building, Everett, PA - < 1 mi.
- Elephant Statue, Everett, PA - 1 mi.
- Abandoned PA Turnpike - "The Road" Movie Location, Breezewood, PA - 7 mi.
- In the region: Johnstown Inclined Plane - World's Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane, Johnstown, PA - 37 mi.