Chambersburg, Pennsylvania: Giant Apple Truck
Large metal statue, part of the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor's Roadside Giants project, designed and constructed by students.
1920 Selden Apple Truck
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Apple Truck
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Franklin County Career & Technology Center in Chambersburg, PA created this 1921 Selden Apple Truck for Roadside Giants of the Lincoln Highway. It is 10.5-ft. high, weighing nearly 1 1/2 tons.
Roadside fruit stands were bountiful in the early Lincoln Highway days, and Franklin County still has a strong connection to agriculture. While it was easy to choose a vintage apple truck to replicate, it is the most complex of all of the roadside giant designs. Shatzer's Fruit Market on Route 30 in Chambersburg graciously allowed the Giant to be installed on their property.
[Leah Cominsky, 07/21/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Time Warp: Abe Lincoln Meets Perry Como, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Bicycle Heaven Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Night of the Living Dead Cemetery, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Statue Of Liberfrog, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Praying Founding Fathers Statues, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lizard Lick ATM, Lizard Lick, North Carolina
- Roundtop Gas Station, Sherwood, Arkansas
- Quill Pen and the Writer's Desk, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Wizard of Oz Garden, Mapleton, Illinois
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
Latest Visitor Tips