Silverton, Colorado: Hillside Cemetery: Interesting Graves
Stroll through a cemetery of Silverton where epitaphs note residents who succumbed in Wild West ways, whether by starving or freezing to death, or by mishandling the blasting powder.
Hillside Cemetery: Interesting Graves
Visitor Tips and News About Hillside Cemetery: Interesting Graves
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a very large cemetery. We spent about two hours wandering through the pioneers and miners buried there, and didn't see the entire area. Many of the older stones not only have dates and names, but epitaphs and how the deceased met their demise.
We came upon an area in which a few of the more famous harlots are buried, as well as a monument to the immigrant workers of the town who were not allowed to be buried in the cemetery, and a mass grave site for the numerous victims of the flu epidemic which nearly decimated the town.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 11, 2013
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Biggin The Lumberjack, South Fork, Colorado
- Colorado Gators Reptile Park, Mosca, Colorado
- Cannibal: Alferd Packer Grave, Littleton, Colorado
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Feature: Wonder Tower's Jerry Chubbuck Dies, Genoa, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips