Kemah, Texas: Lighthouse Water Tower
It's a lighthouse. It's a water tower. It's two infrastructure structures in one! And it's next to a building with a back-up lighthouse. Kemah is crazy!
- Hwy 146, Kemah, TX
- Jct. of Hwy 146 and 255 FM 336 at 10th St.
Visitor Tips and News About Lighthouse Water Tower
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lighthouse Water Tower
Allow yourself a little imagination as you gaze up at the blue and white stripes from the base of the Kemah, Texas water tower. Look past its gallery to the bright red dome that tops this replica of a light house to note that the bright red dome of Kemah's water tower sits like the cherry on top of the perfect fudge sundae overlooking the Bay.
A second lighthouse in town overlooks the Boardwalk. This town is rockin' again after Ike's unwelcome visit.
[Gina Godding, 07/22/2009]
December 9, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Big Mailbox, Dime Box, Texas
- Buddy Holly's Grave, Lubbock, Texas
- Route 66 Midpoint, Adrian, Texas
- Mural: "Hi, How Are You?", Austin, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma
- Christian Signs Made of Rusty Chains, Grannis, Arkansas