New York, New York: Big Fishing Lure
A perfectly proportioned three-hooked lure hangs in the alcove above a reflecting pond at South Street Seaport.
- 40 Fulton St., New York, NY
- Water Street at Pearl, under an alcove above a reflecting pond at the South Street Seaport area of lower Manhattan. You have to look up to see outside of the Duane Reade drug store.
- Always visible from sidewalk.
Giant Fishing Lure
Visitor Tips and News About Big Fishing Lure
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is one of the city's most a-lure-ing attractions! The giant, perfectly proportioned, 3 hooked silver lure looks very lonely and out of place in the alcove above a reflecting pond. But it is a great find that thousands of people pass every day and never notice. A good site to impress your friends with your observation skills while visiting the South Street Seaport area of lower Manhattan.
[Phil Pasquini, 08/16/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 25, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Opus 40 - Environmental Sculpture, Saugerties, New York
- U.S. Grant's Death House and Last View Marker, Mount McGregor, New York
- Pacem In Terris, Warwick, New York
- Feature: Haunted House of Wax, Niagara Falls, New York
- Feature: Lincoln Meets Grow-a-Beard Girl, Westfield, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips