Pittsfield, Massachusetts: Wally the Stegosaurus
Fiberglass dinosaur Wally is a 1960s vintage stegosaurus.
- 39 South St., Pittsfield, MA
- Berkshire Museum. On the east side of South St./US Hwy 7, just south of East St.
Wally the Stegosaurus
Visitor Tips and News About Wally the Stegosaurus
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fiberglass dinosaur outside the Berkshire Museum. According to the sign near the statue, "Wally was the second Stegosaurus from the mold made by the Louis Paul Jonas Studios of Hudson, New York (the first went to the New York World's Fair in 1963). Wally spent 30 years on the grounds of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History before coming to the Berkshire Museum in 1997." I went to Sinclair Dinoland at the World's Fair, and it's nice to see a remnant of it (albeit a 2nd generation copy) still around.
[Dean Jeffrey, 09/02/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Theodore the Tugboat, Halifax, NS, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Large Steel Baseball Bat, Glove of Shrubs, Pittsfield, MA - 1 mi.
- Muffler Man - The Big Man, Hancock, MA - 8 mi.
- In the region: Big Cement Milk Bottle, Whately, MA - 32 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 18, 2013
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Higgins Armory Museum, Worcester, Massachusetts
- IT Gravestone, Middlefield, Massachusetts
- Dump Truck and Fenway Gravestones, Leominster, Massachusetts
- God's Wisdom, Barre, Massachusetts
- Sacrifice Rock, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Fake Airplane Landing, Port Hadlock, Washington
- Worried Buoy, Port Townsend, Washington
- Bomb Crater Marker, Florence, South Carolina
- Grave in the Road, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Stonehenge Storybook Village, Alameda, California
Latest Visitor Tips