Ashtabula, Ohio: Longest Covered Bridge in U.S.Covered bridge over the Ashtabula River is 613 feet long, with pedestrian walkways on both sides. Dedicated in 2008. Beats the previous record-holder, a 449-foot-long span between Vermont and New Hampshire that was built in 1866.
- State Rd., Ashtabula, OH
- From east or west on I-90, get off on SR 11 and go north to the first exit (Seven Hills Rd), turn east and go 0.4 mile to stop sign, turn north (cross RR tracks) and continue 0.9 mile to bridge.
- Always visible.
Visitor Tips and News About Longest Covered Bridge in U.S.
Not as big as I had thought it would be.[Camp Blood, 04/21/2014]
That's what she said.
The longest covered bridge in the United States was dedicated on August 26, 2008. The bridge is 613 feet long and stands 93 feet above the Ashtabula River. It has a clear width of 30 feet and will support full legal loads. There is a five foot wide covered walkway on each side of the bridge. The bridge is the latest of 17 covered bridges in Ashtabula County. A Covered Bridge Festival is held in October each year.[Dave Westover, 08/31/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Train Wreck Grave Obelisk, Ashtabula, OH - < 1 mi.
- Ashtabula Horror - Train Wreck Disaster, Ashtabula, OH - 2 mi.
- Train Wreck Audio Memorial, Ashtabula, OH - 2 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Only Baseball Player Killed by a Baseball, Cleveland Heights, OH - 49 mi.