Ashtabula, Ohio: Longest Covered Bridge in U.S.
This covered bridge over the Ashtabula River is 613 ft. long, with pedestrian walkways on both sides. Dedicated in 2008.
- State Rd., Ashtabula, OH
- From east or west on I-90, get off on SR 11 and go north to the first exit (Seven Hills Rd), turn east and go 0.4 mile to stop sign, turn north (cross RR tracks) and continue 0.9 mile to bridge.
- Always visible.
Longest Covered Bridge in U.S.
Visitor Tips and News About Longest Covered Bridge in U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The longest covered bridge in the United States was dedicated on August 26, 2008. The bridge is 613 feet long and stands 93 feet above the Ashtabula River. It has a clear width of 30 feet and will support full legal loads. There is a five foot wide covered walkway on each side of the bridge. The bridge is the latest of 17 covered bridges in Ashtabula County. A Covered Bridge Festival is held in October each year.
[Dave Westover, 08/31/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Texaco Big Friend - Waving Variant, Oakwood Village, Ohio
- Feature: Kennedy Assassination Air Force One, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
- Dr. John Harris Dental Museum, Bainbridge, Ohio
- Big Cowboy, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial, Sunbury, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Adlai Stevenson II Resting, Bloomington, Illinois
- Miller Park Artillery, Bloomington, Illinois
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
Latest Visitor Tips