Mitchell, South Dakota: Rooftop Dragon
A sculpture of a serpentine dragon swimming across a roof in downtown Mitchell.
- Sanborn Blvd., Mitchell, SD
- At the corner of West Second Avenue and SD Route 37.
- Private property - visible from street.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Rooftop Dragon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Jan 25, 2013 -- the dragon is sitting on top of a private garage on 2nd Avenue, where it crosses Sanborn Street.
[Joe Teeples, 01/26/2013]
It sneaks up on you on the west side of the road after you go over the train tracks.
We can only assume this is a dragon, and the fire-breathing kind. We can also assume that the city of Mitchell cannot do anything about it, other than provide a helpful sign directing anyone to the nearest fire station, should the dragon decide to strike. Spotted on the way to the Corn Palace.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 16, 2014
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village, Mitchell, South Dakota
- Center of the Nation - 50 States, Belle Fourche, South Dakota
- Big Elk Made Out Of Car Parts, Kadoka, South Dakota
- Big President Heads, Hermosa, South Dakota
- St. Peter's Rock Grotto, Farmer, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
Latest Visitor Tips