Sleepy Eye, Minnesota: The Real Linus StatueSleepy Eye native Linus Maurer was the inspiration for the "Peanuts" character named by his friend Charles Schulz. The statue, however, is of the cartoon character, not the real person.
Dyckman Free Library
- 345 W. Main St., Sleepy Eye, MN
- On Hwy 14/Main St., in front of Dyckman Free Library.
Visitor Tips and News About The Real Linus Statue
This was a fantastic connection to stumble onto! Nicely maintained statue by the quaint local library.[Stephanie, 08/18/2013]
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota: Home of the real Linus. There's a large Linus statue outside of the Dyckman Free Library along Highway 14. The statue is a tribute to Sleepy Eye native Linus Maurer, whom the "Peanuts" character was named after.[Laura, 08/31/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Cow-Reindeer Statue and Odd Mailbox, Sleepy Eye, MN - 1 mi.
- Hermann the German, New Ulm, MN - 13 mi.
- Big Footprint of Hermann the German, New Ulm, MN - 13 mi.
- In the region: Southern MN Music, Linda McCartney's Meatless Frozen Entrees, Fairmont, MN - 46 mi.