Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
March 24, 2017
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Chainsaw Dental Sculpture, Mantua, New Jersey
- Giant Ant, Wall Township, New Jersey
- .44 Magnum Pistol Mailbox, Lopatcong Township, New Jersey
- Palace of Depression, Vineland, New Jersey
- Outdoor Sculpture "Listen" by Tom Nussbaum, Montclair, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Skunk Ape Research Headquarters, Ochopee, Florida
- Big Confederate Flag and Memorial Plaza, Trimble, Tennessee
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky