Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
August 3, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Steel Dinosaurs, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- Hubcap Pyramid, Mays Landing, New Jersey
- Palace of Depression, Vineland, New Jersey
- Elaine's Haunted Mansion Restaurant, Cape May, New Jersey
- Sea Captain with Peg Leg and Hook, Wildwood, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas