Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
February 21, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- .44 Magnum Pistol Mailbox, Lopatcong Township, New Jersey
- Palace of Depression, Vineland, New Jersey
- Outdoor Sculpture "Listen" by Tom Nussbaum, Montclair, New Jersey
- Silverball Pinball Museum, Asbury Park, New Jersey
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California