Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
May 1, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Mercedes Benz Tombstone, Linden, New Jersey
- Grave of Rex the Wonder Dog, Linwood, New Jersey
- Parking Lot Grave of Sailor's Girl, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- 200-Year-Old Haunted Prison, Mount Holly, New Jersey
- Deserted Village of Feltville, Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Swiss Cow, Brewster, Ohio
- Clyde's Gun, Spanky's Pants, Dallas, Texas
- Iowa's Largest Muskie, Ventura, Iowa
- Birthplace of Johnny Cash, Kingsland, Arkansas
- Big Orange, Flamingo Groves Gift Shop, Dania Beach, Florida