Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
August 31, 2015
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Edison Tower, Edison, New Jersey
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Morris Plains 9/11 Memorial, Morris Plains, New Jersey
- Uncle Bill's Pancake House Mural, Wildwood, New Jersey
- Steel Dinosaurs, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Muffler Man Cowboy: Big Bob, Norwich, Connecticut
- Feature: JFK's World's Largest Ball of Twine, Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
- Mystery Christmas Tree, Cordes Junction, Arizona
- Fort Fisher Hermit Bunker, Kure Beach, North Carolina
- Old Montana Prison, Deer Lodge, Montana