Asbury Park, New Jersey: Morro Castle Disaster Memorial
In 1934 the Asbury Park boardwalk offered a front row seat to a maritime disaster, as the burning Morro Castle ocean liner washed ashore.
- 1240 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, NJ
- On the east side of Ocean Ave., at the intersection of 5th Ave., on the south side of Conventional Hall between Ocean Ave. and the boardwalk.
Asbury Park, New Jersey - Morro Castle: I Was A Death Ship, Too!
Morro Castle Disaster Memorial:
Most people know the sad story of the Titanic. A few have even visited its Kate Winslet-inspired memorial in Washington, DC. But the Atlantic had other Ships of Hell as well -- such as the Morro Castle.
[09/08/2009] Complete Story...
August 23, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Muffler Man - Halfwit, Holmeson, New Jersey
- Techno Echo: Shout In The Megaphone, Jersey City, New Jersey
- 9/11 Memorial - Eagle Clutching Mangled I-Beam, Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
- Giant Ant, Wall Township, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Moon-Eyed People, Murphy, North Carolina
- Daniel's Ridge, Lutsen, Minnesota
- Rock Garden of America, Littleton, North Carolina
- Bancroft Tower, Worcester, Massachusetts
- World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana