Grand Prairie, Texas: Small Merman
A small freak of the sea, here since 1989, surrounded by the usual gaggle of oddities in a Ripley's museum.
Ripley's Believe It or Not
- 601 E. Palace Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX
- Ripley's Believe It or Not. I-30 exit 34. Drive north on Belt Line Rd for a quarter-mile. At the stoplight turn left onto E. Palace Pkwy. Drive a half-mile. You'll see the dome-topped Ripley's on the left.
- M-F 10-4, Sa-Su 10-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $17.00
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Small Merman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I know that there is a small Merman on display at the Ripley's Believe It or Not! in Grand Prairie, Texas -- midway between Dallas and Fort Worth on I-30. I know, because I placed it in its display case in 1989! At that time I was Creative Director for Classic Attractions, Inc., and had designed two wax museums (one in Grand Prairie and one in San Antonio) and one Ripley's, also in San Antonio. [Drew Edward Hunter, 09/08/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Jesus Carved in Tree Trunk, Burleson, Texas
- World's Largest BBQ - Undisputable Cuz, Brenham, Texas
- Giant Peanut Memorial, Floresville, Texas
- Columbus Replica Ship, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Crypt Under a Bridge, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- La Salette Shrine, Enfiel, New Hampshire
- Ferocious Fish Sculpture, Tampa, Florida
- Lambert's, Home of Throwed Rolls, Ozark, Missouri
- Happy Rock, Gladstone, Manitoba
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
Latest Visitor Tips