Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii: Punahoe Water Tank and Air Raid Bunker
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii - Punahoe Water Tank and Air Raid Bunker
Visitor Tips and News About Punahoe Water Tank and Air Raid Bunker
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
If you run out of things to do in Honolulu, go to the big underground concrete bunker called Punahoe Tank. This former World War II bunker now serves as a thrift store for the school below. It's usually locked up, but go on Saturday and you can hunker down behind some rummage and listen to the air raid sirens in your head.
[K. Ward, 09/10/2000]
Punahoe Water Tank and Air Raid Bunker:
- This place is on the road up to Manoa canyon to Manoa Falls. It's tricky to find. It's on the north side of the Punahoe School. Stop and ask at the school.
February 26, 2017
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii
- Human Sacrifice Temple - Holo-holo-Ku Heiau, Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii
- Duke Kahanamoku Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- The Stupid Factory, Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Homer the Muffler Man, Bedford, Virginia
- Normal Peg Leg Bates, Fountain Inn, South Carolina
- Hollywood Wax Museum, Hollywood, California
- Ruby Falls, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Superstition Mountain Museum, Apache Junction, Arizona