Tehachapi, California: S.S. Minnow
Rusty, abandoned boat with "S.S. Minnow" painted on it is a local landmark.
- Highway 58, Tehachapi, CA
- Highway 58 northbound towards Bakersfield, south of exit 156, right side.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About S.S. Minnow
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I'm a resident, and the S.S. Minnow has been damaged by a fire [reported by a previous tipster]. The structure is still intact, but it is charred.
The Minnow and the field around it have gone through a fire. Very eerie. There were a lot of trucks in the area, probably there to deal with the damage. Hope they leave the Minnow.
[Patrice R, 07/19/2012]
The S.S. Minnow can be found along Hwy 58 on the right side as you head from Mojave to Tehachapi. It's an old, rusty, abandoned boat with "S.S. Minnow" painted on it that apparently has been stranded in this same spot for years. Over the years it's become a local landmark.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 20, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Urge - Robot Mimics You, San Francisco, California
- Speaking in Tongues Began Here, Los Angeles, California
- Smitten Ice Cream, San Francisco, California
- Ice Cream Parlor Bison Statue, Avalon, California
- Statue of Old Ben, Hungry Sea Lion, Avalon, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips