Radcliff, Kentucky: Memorial to America's Worst Drunk Driving Accident27 people from Radcliff were killed when their church school bus was hit head-on by a drunk in a pickup truck who was driving the wrong way on I-71. Most died from the subsequent bus explosion.
North Hardin Memorial Gardens
- S. Logsdon Pkwy, Radcliff, KY
- North Hardin Memorial Gardens. On the west side of Hwy 1646/S. Logsdon Pkwy, between Hwys 144 and 313, just south of the high school.
Visitor Tips and News About Memorial to America's Worst Drunk Driving Accident
Memorial listing the dead and the survivors of America's Worst Drunk Driving Accident.[McGrath, 01/27/2010]
27 people from Radcliff lost their lives when their church school bus was hit head-on by a drunk in a pickup truck who was driving the wrong way on I-71. Most died from the subsequent bus explosion. The monument includes a drawing in stone of a muscular young man (wearing only a loincloth) ascending, doves flying from his hand.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- General Patton's Death Car, Fort Knox, KY - 5 mi.
- M60 A1 Army Tank, West Point, KY - 11 mi.
- Approximate Cannonball in Building, Elizabethtown, KY - 10 mi.
- In the region: Louisville Derby Clock: Jefferson Races, Taylor Cheers, Louisville, KY - 31 mi.