Tulsa, Oklahoma: Statue of Runner who Died in a Car Trunk
A tribute to Michael Houghton, who was kidnapped and died in the trunk of his car after it was set on fire.
- E. 41st St. S., Tulsa, OK
- On the east bank of the river at 41st St. Park in the plaza and walk north. The statue is in a triangular grassy area between the dual trails as they merge north of the 41st Street Plaza.
Statue of Runner who Died in a Car Trunk
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Runner who Died in a Car Trunk
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This entire river is lined with bronze sculptures, mostly of animals (elk, wolves, a bobcat clawing a pheasant, etc).
The runner appears to be the only human statue from what we saw. He's a very short walk north from the parking plaza.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Honest Abe Tree Statue, Tulsa, OK - 2 mi.
- Statue Reading a Newspaper, Tulsa, OK - 2 mi.
- Meadow Gold Milk Sign, Tulsa, OK - 3 mi.
- In the region: Hot, Warm, Cold Water Tanks, Bartlesville, OK - 44 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 18, 2013
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Woody Guthrie Tree / Site Of Home, Okemah, Oklahoma
- Alien Yard Art, Stroud, Oklahoma
- Route 66 Mural, El Reno, Oklahoma
- Sid's Diner, El Reno, Oklahoma
- Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry, Locust Grove, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb, P. T. Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Lorraine Motel, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pirate Ship, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips